Allstate policyholders who have purchased NFIP policies can file a claim by calling 800-54-STORM or by logging on to www.allstate.com or by contacting their local Allstate agent.
Here are some tips for starting your flood insurance claim:
- Gather all relevant policy information and numbers.
- Call your insurance agent or company and make sure to mention that your damage is flood specific and you need to file a NFIP claim so your claim is processed appropriately.
- Make sure your agent and claims adjuster know how to contact you. If you are in a shelter and not easily reached, provide the name of a designated relative or point-of-contact who can reach you.
- Remove water damaged items from the home as soon as possible.
- Take lots of photos. Take photos of any water in the house and damaged personal property. Your adjuster will need evidence of the damage and damaged items (i.e. cut swatches from carpeting, curtains, chairs) to prepare your estimate.
- Inventory your home for damaged or lost items before your adjuster arrives. This will help facilitate your claim process.